Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Again and Again

Sometimes... I'm taught something. And then I have to be taught the same thing again and again.
Because I tend to forget what I've learned.


So for the benefit of y'all, I will tell you what I must be taught daily.
-You cannot take what you have for granted. Love each blessing everyday, individually.
-It is better to have a clear conscience than to be well known or popular.
-You are you, and God loves that. And really, His opinion is the only one that matters.


And my life motto, the one I forget and must relearn:
Nothing is ever, ever what you plan it to be. Yeah, it might turn out terrible. Worse than you planned. Most of the time, it goes better. Odds are... when it's all said and done, you wouldn't have had it any other way.


This morning I woke up and it was one of those days where you just know that you're going to be miserable.
I missed Seminary. I became upset. I started my daily rant before I even left my kitchen. As I drove to school I distinctly thought "Today is going to be bad. Today is going to be one of those days where I'm bitter, cruel, and people better run for their lives.


...Then, I was blessed with a Tender Mercy. My current theme song came on the radio.
I haven't heard it for days. Trust me, I've been listening for it.
I ended up walking into the school singing and dancing. I sang all day. And you know what? Everything went 100% different than I planned. If I could redo this day, I wouldn't.


It was amazing. (Even when I told the boy who I've been stuck on for years that he always wears muscle shirts and he got offended.) In the words of Jakob, "Keine Sorge." Don't worry. :)


Count the Tender Mercies, learn the lessons again and again, and it'll be fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment