Monday, July 18, 2011

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

This post will not be about boys, sorry.

There once was a little girl who always wore dresses. In second grade, her dad won heaps of money on the radio and took her family to the most magical place on earth.

She fell in love.

To this day, she believes Disneyland is blessed to bring joy to the most dismal of hearts.

*scene change*
This same girl has had very ambitious career plans. Lawyer, commercial writer, museum curator (Okay, not too ambitious with that one), the list goes on.
She decided she couldn't work in Disneyland, because the magic would fade after time. So she decided to help others get to the place where dreams come true.

This little girl, if you haven't guessed, is me.

My dream is to work for the Make A Wish organization. I've always known that I'm supposed to help people. That sounds so obvious, but it's one of the truths at my very core.

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
and all I want is to make other's wishes come true.
Be it going to Disneyland, meeting Bill Gates, or getting a princess bedroom, I want to see those kid's faces light up.
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment