Friday, August 12, 2011

#1 Rule

My dad has a rule. It's a good rule, so I don't fight it. Apparently, it's rule number one. (This week it is anyway.)

Rule #1: Never have a boy (who is not related to you) in the house while a parent is not there.

Again, this rule makes sense, so I don't object to it.

Which leads us to last Tuesday: I babysat and Daniel came over and we sat outside for hours.

There is something so perfect about playing catch, soccer, and musical chairs with three little siblings. Playing Candy Land on the back porch 'cause Daniel had never played it. Five people huddling around one mosquito repellent candle. Jumping out from the side of the house to surprise my parents when they got home. Wearing sweats and a t-shirt and knowing it didn't matter at all that I wasn't dressed up.

To me, that just spells summer.

So I thank the #1 rule for letting me do something I otherwise wouldn't be doing... and have the time of my life doing it.




4 comments:

  1. Oh Kim...I'm so happy that you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad had that very same rule... i feel like most dads do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddy's Little Girl. You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete