Thursday, August 18, 2011

Contemplations from a Wedding



My best friend since birth got married on Tuesday.

The cake was really good.
I partied with my pseudo aunt and uncle.
An old family friend covered the get-away car in whipped creme. (Jared wasn't very happy about that.)
My uncle sang in Italian.
My dad cried.
I had fifty glasses of Peach Delight.
I didn't say goodbye, really. I don't say goodbye and I don't cry when people leave.

I just get this terrible pain in my belly and I feel like I'm being eaten from the inside out.


But pain leaves and life goes on.
I see people from elementary school.
I save the universe with a bunch of 14 year olds.
I learn to really, really hate certain roads.
I rearrange my room.
I count down the days.

And at the end of it all, I'm really satisfied with my life.

My sister has moved on, but she'll be with me for eternity.
And I've always got the movie quotes, the plugged noses, the Christmas Eves.
Life goes on, and it's always getting better.




1 comment: