Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Grudge(s)

*Note: I might not have any pictures on this post because I'm afraid if I search using the word "grudge", then I will get pictures from a certain horror movie instead of inspirational images.

I will be the first to admit I have a problem called "Holding Grudges for Extremely Long Amounts of Time." It's bad.

They range from:

 -the ridiculous (e.g.; not forgiving my dad for years because he broke my Winnie-the-Pooh light up pen from Disneyland. He broke in directly outside of Disneyland. I never even got to use it. I didn't let him forget this for years. That is not an exaggeration.)

-to the deep and painful (e.g.; not talking to a boy that really hurt me simply because I thought he was the devil, never forgetting silly elementary school feuds.)

-to the purely jealousy-driven. (e.g.; if I am informed of any girl who has recently or still does harbor certain feels for a certain redhead, I always feel like I need to punch that girl or express violence in some other way.)



Yesterday I could feel the birth of a grudge. My sick little heart started to form distinct dislike of certain Young Men leaders. I had even decided I would never forget the semi-rude comments they said.

Obv, this is a problem.

Last night I finally, finally realized this Truth: When I hold a grudge, I am only hurting myself. What am I proving? Absolutely nothing, besides the fact that I am very pigheaded. What shows more strength: Never letting go of something everyone else has forgotten about, or releasing the hurt?

"Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulders. Don't you know the hardest part is over?"



Sorry this post wasn't funny. If you want to laugh, go look at this girl's hilarious blog post. I laughed out loud. When I actually become employed, I will do these things.



Finally: THEY TOOK AWAY THE OXFORD COMMA. I almost died. This means that instead of writing "Pianos, honey, road construction, and theaters", I would write "Pianos, honey, road construction and theaters." THERE IS NO COMMA BEFORE THE 'AND'!!!

I'm using it anyway. I have a special place in my heart for the Oxford comma.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you hear about the commas?! I had heard that it was debatable in the English world, but I didn't know they finally nixed it...

    ReplyDelete