One question I have been asked is "If you had a free afternoon tomorrow, what would you do with it?"
And I wonder... should I tell them:
The truth: Watch my little sister play Zelda.
What I did two afternoons ago: Take turns with my siblings sitting in a wheelbarrow and a recycling bin being pushed in them by a really wonderful red-headed boy.
Or, what I did yesterday: Drive all the way to Orem to return a book that I thought came from B&N... only to find out it was from Deseret Book. One of the most embarrassing moments in my life thus far.
We all know that I'll say none of the three.
But don't they all sound so great?
Another success of yesterday: I became, in Daniel's words, a "True American." Yes, folks. I watched Rocky.
(and it was fantastic!)
So, Amazing Colleges That I Have to Impress, these are the moments I live for.
- Hearing my favorites song played on the radio after being mortified at the book store.
- Drinking apple cider even though it burns my tongue.
- Feeling that thrill in your belly when you see you did better than expected on a math test.
- Hearing some Polynesian boys sing.
- Getting a steak brought to your doorstep.
- Really, really long hugs goodnight.
Maybe I won't get to an outstanding college, but you know what?
- My little siblings are still my best friends.
- My favorite bands are still writing music.
- National Geographic is still writing about baby elephants.
A little kiss on the cheek goes a long, long way in making me happy.
....Oh, and the D-backs got to the playoffs. Yes.