Thursday, October 20, 2011

Balance

At one point in my life I believed that being busy was the epitome of a fulfilled life.
Last year I ran around barely sleeping, hardly seeing my siblings, or pausing to sit down to rest.

Go, go, go.

And I thought that was how to make my life meaningful.

Yes, it's good to do good. Lots of good.
But. It's even better to have balance.

To put the things that need to go first, first.
"What do you need to put first?" you ask.

What brings you true joy? No, that does not mean cheap thrills or momentary happiness.
True joy.
Hint: "Men are that they might have joy" footnote: Joy: The potential to become like Heavenly Father.


So what makes you become the best you? For me, it's my gospel, my family, my goals, and my friends.

Instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off: pause for a second.
Do you feel, in the middle of your gut, that something is wrong? Missing? Out of place?

You don't have to stop. We are meant to progress, after all. But we aren't meant to run ourselves to the grave, either.

Cut out the good, and look for the best.
Sometimes taking time to breath is the best possible thing you can do.

Trust me. You've got this.



No comments:

Post a Comment