Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Classic End of Year Post

2012. I am really looking forward to meeting you.
Why? Because you are a beautiful year. You're not an odd number. 2013 and I will not be friends, obviously.

But 2011 has been the best year of my life thus far. But I know that it's going to get even better, and I aim to be able to say this every year: "[Insert Current Year Here] has been the best year of my life."

Here are some highlights of 2011:

Student Council- the inside jokes, the events, everything
Planning Prom
Going to Prom
Choir Tour. Strolling with my friend on Paradise Pier. Who could ask for a better moment?
All of my afternoons spent at sporting events
My first kiss
Watching my friends graduate
My first boyfriend. I got a good one. He was great to me.
All the board games
Aerial fireworks becoming legal in Utah
Finishing my online classes
Lazy summer days
Watching mentioned boyfriend get a $225 ticket for carving a tree. Not one of the happier moments, but funny now.
Girl's Camp
Youth Conference
Becoming a Senior
Youtube
Receiving a nickname
A surprising Homecoming
Goodnight texts
The World Series. Specifically, Game 6 of the World Series. I was dying.
Baseball, period.
Having peanuts and crackerjacks at a baseball game for the first time. I just really love this sport!
All my AP classes
The Fantastic Four
(500) Days of Summer. Again and again and again.
An Education
Thanksgiving Break. Being able to spend some of it with a red-headed family who is just so wonderful that I miss them all.
Getting my Beetle. Named Lady.
Zelda: Skyward Sword
New Year's Eve. A day which included Spanish coasters, terrible hair dye, and Boy Meets World. And then getting squished between a bunch of graduated boys whom I love wholeheartedly.

There were so many little moments that I simply loved. I grew a lot and I'm so excited to keep growing.

Thanks for reading my posts! (Even if y'all only comment if it's a sad post or about boys. I see where your priorities are!)

~The Girl in the Dress



No comments:

Post a Comment