Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Girl Without A Job

In case you really didn't pick up on it, I'm the girl without a job.
There is a good reason for this: I have 5 AP classes.
I know people take strenuous classes and still maintain a job, but I'm not one of them.
Basically I spend all my time translating Latin.

5 Tell-Tale Signs That A Teenage Girl Does Not Have A Job:
1) She wears the same shirts her mom bought from her in the eighth grade. And the same shoes. And the same dresses. And uses the same bobby pins.

2) She awkwardly borrows money from her friends all of the time.
(But if she's responsible she always pays it back eventually!)

3) She'll run her gas tank to empty and then has to ask her parents for one of their debit cards to fill it up.

4) On Friday nights, she suddenly becomes really sweet to her dad, and then happens to casually ask for some cash.

5) She pays for everything, EVERYTHING, with cash. And not like "Here's a twenty, give me change." It's like "Oh, look! Here's a five! And three ones.... and four dollar coins... and like two dollars in change...... Don't hate me, cashier!"

And yes, I display all of these signs. All the time.

P.S. Gotta love the 80's humor.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. #5 is my personal fave. I ALWAYS pay with cash and I take great care to make sure I pay with exact change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly how i was in high school. i got my first "job" after i got engaged. and i never paid for anything by myself. you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete