Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Plea for Good Music

Music communicates what words cannot.
I fully believe this.
Many times I'll find a song and it will explain exactly how I feel.
Be it the melody, the beat, or the lyrics, some songs put my feelings into a tangible form.

But there is a dark side to this force.

I've been pretty good at avoiding songs that break my heart.
Then I found this one song and I loved it.
The use of xylophone, the odd music video, the lyrics explaining what I was feeling to a T.
That song took everything that is inside of me and transformed it into a something real.

That song killed me.
It tore me apart, chewed me up, and spit me back out.
"But you didn't have to cut me off...
Now you're just somebody that I used to know."

I vowed that I would never listen to it again.
Then it started following me. Suddenly it was played on the radio. People would mutter it in the hallways and sing it under their breath.
It's a battle everyday to fight it out of my head.

It breaks my heart that the Adversary would take something so beautiful and use it to hurt.
I'm now trying to feel every moment with songs that bring out the best.

If you have any good songs, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me.
Anything to get this out of my head.
Here is a song for you: *Such Great Heights* by The Postal Service:


No comments:

Post a Comment