Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Womb Nap

This post is not even going to attempt to be deep.
So, um, yeah.

I took this really, really fantastic nap yesterday.
So good, in fact, that I have to blog about it.
So good it could inspire poetry.
So good that I probably looked like Sleeping Beauty. My mouth probably wasn't hanging open and I probably wasn't* making the ridiculously ugly faces that I make when I sleep.

Guys. It was arguably the best hour of my life.
(That's an exaggeration. Don't quote me on that.)

I was on my floor. I had a small blanket draped loosely over my legs and wore a thick woven sweater. My heater was approximately 1.5 feet away from me. My arms were stretched above my head, elbows only slightly bent.

Here's the best part: I'm pretty sure the temperature was the same exact temperature as the womb.
(You can quote me on that one. It's practically fact.)

I highly encourage everyone to take a nap. Not one of those groggy, slightly miserable naps, but a womb nap.

Some naps are for when you are depressed and then you only feel worse once you wake up.
Not a womb nap.
When you wake up from the womb nap, you're all "I believe in myself and I believe in the world!" and then you are determined to make every single craft on your Pinterest craft board.

So, um, take a womb nap. You're life will get marginally better.
It's a fact..**

*In all actuality I probably looked WORSE than I usually do because I was so relaxed. But it was worth it.
**But not really. If you thought it was.... bless you.



2 comments: