Friday, April 27, 2012

Thoughts From Places: Boston (Part 1)

So it's been a while.
I said that I was going to Boston to see if I wanted to go to Boston University, and I didn't want to post anything until I actually had gone to Boston.
It took a while.

I had to go to the airport FOUR different times to get on the flight to JFK. Four times. The flights all left at midnight. So three nights I went to the airport, waited around for an hour, and then came home. I then had to go to school and try again the next night.

My dad and I were exhausted.
Finally, finally, we got on a flight.

Sitting in the airport for hours really makes you think about things.
For me, it was about prayer and the Lord's will.

Understanding comes over time and only if you have the right mindset.

Airport Night 1: Lots of times we say "Lord, if it be Thy will, do this for me......" and then even though we say that we want His will, we really just want His will to be whatever is most convenient for us.

But when things don't go our way, we have to make the best of what we have.
So we went to the Bee's game.



Airport Night 2: Sometimes we get so frustrated with our lives and feel hopeless. I mean, look at this:


It's empty. We were the first people there. And yet, we didn't get on the flight. It's sort of heartbreaking.
We have to hurt and move on. It takes humility. Funny thing about humility: we have to earn it again and again.

Airport Night 3: Always look on the bright side. Throughout everything you do, have fun.

 My bug, Lady, found her first love. She likes older men, obviously.

 On the shuttle back to our car, I took a cool picture of our reflections.

I also pretended to be the Pope.
Pretty good, huh?

Airport Night 4: I had finally consoled myself. I was completely fine with not going to Boston at all.
And then our names were called. We made it onto the flight.



 We even got extra leg spacing chairs!
Oh yeah. Look at all that space.

And finally... we made it to the East Coast.
Fun fact: Pretty much the only difference between here and the East Coast airports are that the East Coast have lots of coffee and Utah has none. That's all.

Things happen, and we have to be okay with it. Not just to lie to ourselves and say we're okay with it, but to be actually okay with it. Honestly giving your heart.

Things work out. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment