Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The End

The end of high school.
Therefore, the end of almost everything I've ever known for my entire life.

The end of someone doing my laundry.
The end of dinner made for me every night.
The end of free gasoline.
The end of school from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The end of curfews.
The end of silly rules.
The end of not being an adult.

I had a really good ending. If high school was a book, it would be on my favorites list.
There were casualties. I dislike books where everyone lives happily ever after with no significant loss or opportunity for growth, simple as that.
Friends were lost, hearts were broken, and tears cried. That happens to every teenage girl, and I was no exception. But it was a book that changed me. Made me better than I was.

When I was twelve years old, I was at Thanksgiving dinner and two of my aunts told me "You're gonna wish you could go back to high school. You're gonna see everything you miss. It'll go by so fast. You're not gonna do everything you can."

So I said, "Watch me."

I went to the dances, the games, the events. I didn't want to be one of those people that thought they were too cool to do anything high school related. You only live once, and I was determined to live my high school years well.

And I did.

Senior Sluff Day:


Cavestock:




Graduation:









1 comment: