Friday, July 13, 2012

MLB Allstar Game. I went. (Updates and Thoughts)

I wish I could find that perfect balance between a "Here's an Update With My Life" blog and a "Here's a Really Poignant Thought" blog, but that's really hard to do.

Here's my attempt at it.


An Update:
I made a short video and entered it in a contest to learn to drive stick-shift with Chevy and then go to the MLB Allstar game in Kansas City, Missouri.
A Thought:
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I had never made a video before, but I took a chance and it payed off.

An Update:
The trip was all-expenses paid. I flew first class and got shuttled everywhere and slept at a nice hotel.
A Thought:
It's so easy to slide into the life of luxury. It's also incredibly easy to slide into having a big head because of the said life. Don't do that.

(This was my meal. They gave me couscous. On a plane. And my own salt and pepper shakers!)

An Update:
The Home Run Derby and the Allstar game were absolute dreams come true. It was a piece of heaven.
A Thought:
We focus so much on not being disappointed when plans fall through. Can we rejoice for a second on how great it is when they don't? On the overwhelming joy of experiencing my first Seventh-Inning-Stretch?





An Update:
As I flew in the airplane, I looked out the window and saw a quilt of fields.
Many Thoughts:
Flying in airplanes makes me sentimental.
You don't miss mountains until they're gone.
Objects and places mean nothing until you have a relationship with them.
There are so, so, so many people. So many. We get so involved in our own worlds that we forget that. We forget how incomprehensible and beautiful it is that we're all individually loved by a loving Heavenly Father.


I'm so grateful for the trip and for my mom and for Kansas City BBQ and for kind people and for temples all over the world and for baseball and for memories and for... and for life. That's what I'm grateful for the most.  Life. My life is full of people and experiences and emotions. My mom said something to me while we were in Missouri. "Kimberly, when you like something, you like it all the way. You don't just like something. You love it."
And it's true. I live life fully by loving everything with all I have.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly I'm so proud of you! Way to shoot for the stars. I can just picture you, red as a hot chilli pepper, as you sat there fulfilling your dream ")

    ReplyDelete