Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tea Lights

I'm really blessed.
Why is it hard to remember that?
I'm waiting for someone to say "Okay, go home now! Growing up was all a huge joke. I can't believe you fell for it!"

I feel like I'm eleven and entering the seventh grade all over again.

Everything worthwhile is hard in the beginning, right?
Right?
That's what they say.

"What's your name? Where are you from? What's your major? Where are you living? Why did you come to BYU?"
Will one of these people actually stick? Will they be more than a passing face?

I was so excited. So ready.
I don't want to go home, but I don't want to be here.

All I know is the only things that's made me happy are my tea lights and my picture collage.

It'll get better.
IhavefaithIhavefaithIhavefaith.


7 comments:

  1. It gets better! I promise! Life is great, and college is one of my favorite things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll love it. it always takes time. heaven knows it did for me. but those questions really are the worst, and unfortunately they never stop.
    life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're doing it!! go kim :) so awesome!
    they are right, the questions never stop, but it gets easier! you are beautiful and wonderful and will feel at home in no time! love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. College is pretty hard at first! I will not lie. But I promise you that it totally gets waaaayyy better. Just takes some time to adjust! You'll do great Kim! You're gonna have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your confidence, I love your little wall too :) We'll get through this together, right? Right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for tealights and photo collages!! Hope the ward is great!

    XOXO
    - - - - -
    E

    http://robotslayerem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. can i just tell you that I feel the exact same way. I’m glad you had the courage to say it. Thanks :)

    P.S. I’m living in Helaman! maybe I’ll see you.

    ReplyDelete