Thursday, August 16, 2012

We, As Humans, Defy Reason



Our hearts defy reason.

It's common sense that if you give something away, then you have less. 5-1=4, and 5-1 will never equal more than 5. It's simple math. It's something we're taught from the time our hands are big enough to hold No. 2 pencils. It's a lie.

Because sometimes you give your love away, and your heart gets bigger. And you grow more love. And then you give that love away, and your heart gets even bigger!

I mean, I know this isn't a new concept. I know that this phenomenon has been observed for centuries. It still baffles me.

It baffles me that one of my absolute best friends is leaving me in less than two weeks, and I won't see him for two years. It baffles me that my Harry his leaving his Hermione. And most of all it baffles me that the more I see him and hug him and try to communicate how much he means to me, the less I'm able to even begin to tell him. He's like my brother, and it baffles me that my love for him has never stopped growing.

It baffles me that I can love my ex-boyfriends family more than I ever did when I was dating him. That I can visit them and they are my friends, regardless of my 'ex' status. It baffles me that when I thought they could fill no more of my heart, they prove me wrong.

5-1= Infinity.

Our hearts defy reason.


:)

P.S. Some of you told me that blogger wouldn't let you post a comment. I  think I removed the problem, so just let me know if it's still not working.

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite efy songs
    "love comes back when we take care of each other.... there's always enough, no way to give too much..."

    ReplyDelete