Thursday, April 25, 2013

Things I Like.

 Things I Really, Really, Really Like:

-The smell of lavender and sage.
-Empty airports and stadiums and campuses.
-This American Life radio show.
-Ice skating.
-Funnel cakes, burritos, cheese pizza, funeral potatoes, mango-cucumber salsa, fish 'n chips.
-100 N., Provo.
-Vintage dresses.
-The 7th inning stretch.
-Horseback riding.
-Pique turns in ballet.
-Words so stunning that I have to whisper them so I can feel them on my lips.
-Main Street, U.S.A.
-Strawberry-limeade-and-onion-ring Saturdays in the summer.

These are my best of the best.
These are more than my simple "likes."

I do not look to fill my life with these things.
Lavender is more beautiful when it's an unexpected scent.
Strawberry limeades taste so good because they don't come around often.
Most dance through my life unexpectedly, and I love that.

These things are what make the sunshine golden.
These things are my glass of cold water, my cozy fireplace, my beach.
These things are what make me turn my face up to the sky and breathe.


1 comment:

  1. I love this point of view... you don't want to have an overload.

    sage. rosemary. fresh-baked cookies. long phone calls.

    ReplyDelete