Sunday, November 17, 2013

Well Hello there!

Hola, everyone!

Oh man, I wish I had something interesting to say! Okay, so I LOVE the CCM. Like, I love it. Love. It. But it's a lot of the same thing, and it's a good thing that we eventually have to leave. I'm ready. I mean, I'm not really ready to rock the field, but I'm ready to bring my greenie obedience and optimism! My district has a thing where we say "Die a greenie." That's the plan! And I think I can, if I give my all.

Well, let's see..... we had a great devotional on Sunday about mastering our thoughts and leaving our pasts in the past. I have always been really bad at that. Curse of a great memory. And so in the moments before I fall asleep I usually daydream or something. But I have REALLY been working on it and it's been great! The way I see it, there are three types of distance: Time, distance, and thoughts. Time and distance are only as strong as you allow them to be. But once you let your thoughts create a distance, the person or thing is so, so far away. So I've let go of some things that I haven't been able to let go of before now. Or rather, I'm trying to. Tender Mercies of the mission!

So the other day we read Alma 32 outloud as a companionship. I've read that chapter more times than I can count, but I LOVED it. Seriously. We each thought of a question we wanted answered and wrote it down. It didn't have anything to do with the chapter. And then we read and shared thoughts and wrote. And all of our questions were answered! We were so inspired! I loved it and I challenge you to do that, too. I know that we have family scripture study in the morning, but I think that depth is more important that amount covered. So maybe you could try not getting through a whole chapter, but talking about each verse. Just for like 15 minutes, total. That's hard when everyone is sleepy, but I know you'll get more out of it and be more strengthened by the scriptures.

This week we taught a real investigator! He was cool. We taught him about prayer. It never ceases to baffle me how the Spanish comes easier in the lesson. I love the Spirit!!!! On the Spanish subject.... ah, I love it. I feel like it is really starting to click. I love that both of my teachers are natives so I can practice. Haha, I know once I get to the field I'll be like "What is this language?! I've never heard it in my life!!!!" But it will come. It just takes time and effort and the Spirit. So I've enjoyed practicing using conditional and subjunctive and stuff and stuff and stuff.

ALSO. You'll never believe this: I'm like a workout instructor! I lead yoga, stretching, and abs. Plus I help spot people on the bench press. Who. Am. I. I love to run on the elliptical (I haven't completely changed and I still hate running on a track) and I love to talk to the girls and to push myself. I really pray that I continue to get better throughout my mission!

Yesterday we had this weird cold day. It was so cold! Gahhh, no, Mexico! This morning it was cold too, and hence why I am wearing a coat in the temple pictures. But it's warm again, thank goodness! Today we took of our shoes so we could feel the green grass in our toes before we go to Washington.

So people have really  big trials. Elder Warton is like the happiest elder, but he has had such big challenges in his life! I asked him how he does it and he says that we have to focus our vision. Every single minute there is something amazing for us to find. We just need to look for the positive! I love that.

Also, I don't get to call you from the airport. But I will email you on Monday! I think I'm leaving on Tuesday. And then I'll talk to you at Christmas! That's not too far away. We busted out the Christmas carols yesterday.

Well.......... I'm really happy! It's really, really wonderful to feel the peace of Heavenly Father when you are where you are supposed to be. My freshman year I just felt stifled. Like I had to get in my car and drive because I was not supposed to be there. I love the peace of knowing I am supposed to be on a mission and I pray that it carries into the field. PLEASSEEEEEEEEE pray for me!!!!! I need it!

I love you all so much! I look forward to this time all p-day. I love your emails and I'm sad when I don't hear from you  If I think of anything funny I'll send another email.

1. What are you going to miss the MOST about Mexico? (Tacos don't really count this time. ;) )
The warmth and the palm trees and the cannons and the music I hear from other the wall sometimes. I LOVE Mexico and I'll be sad to leave!

2. Do you have to do chores there?? What is the most interesting chore you have had to do??
Uh..... we clean our casa! Nothing really interesting. Guess what I did for service this week? Oh, folding. Obv.

3. Have you come up with a simple homesickness remedy yet? Is there something you remind yourself or do to help you stay focused?
Ummmmmmmmm I haven't been homesick! I'm as happy as a clam. But maybe in the field I'll let you know. I just try not to focus to much on my home when it's not my email time. Just stay focused and work! It's been working really well.

4. How do you do it?! You are not even tempted to get online when you're on the computer?? Wow!! HOW?
THE SPIRIT AND THE POWER OF THIS CALLING! I know. It's truly a miracle.
5. I'm sure you've kinda mentioned this before, but where is everyone in your lil district heading to? 
Anaheim, Ecuador, Boston, Tennessee, Indiana, and Texas. We make fun of Elder Gardner because he doesn't get to go back to the states like the rest of us. But he still loves us and he shares everything his mom sends us in his packages.
6. What are the most helpful things for us at home to write you about? Every missionary is different... what do you need?
I just need to know you love me! Just getting emails from everyone is important. Just the little things.
7. If there was one thing you would change about your stay in Mexico what would it be?
Hmmmmmmmm I don't know! I have a hard time ever saying what I would change in my life because we're all works in progress. Hindsight always reveals the truth, but in the moment I try to do what I think is best. So I don't think I would change anything, because whatever I did was what I thought was necessary in the moment.
8. If there was one thing you would NEVER change about your stay in Mexico, what would it be??
Mi companera. She's the best person!!!!! We are so real with each other and I love her so, so, so much!!!!

I love you all!!!!!
Hermana Pellegrini

Also, the hidden note we found led to a volleyball with a bunch a signatures. So we signed it and it was awesome.
Our maestro tried to draw an ox. It did NOT work. It was like a blob and I thought it was super funny

I love my companera!

So there is this joke that on page 33 of the missionary handbook it says don't flirt with other missionaries. So when anyone does anything close to flirting we flash the page 33 symbol and tsk at them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment