Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hello Out There!

Well hello, family! What have you been up to?

Well, I guess the most memorable thing that happened this week was that a crazy lady attacked me. It was so scary! She wasn't right in the head. I'm okay, it was just pretty scary.

1. How did the investigator work out on Sunday?? 
Hahaha... well we went and visited him. He's one of those people that really really likes to debate. But the lady who lives with him (she is his landlady) is a lot more open and understanding, so we'll go back.
2. Is it awesome to be in a culturally diverse area?? 
Pretty awesome.
3. How's your Apartment??
Good! It's pretty big. It's on the second floor of a building. It's clean and warm and nice.

4. Are you exhausted when you got to bed at night?
I have never fallen asleep so fast in my life!

5. Do you feel at home there yet? 
No. That's the hardest thing for me. I don't know how I am supposed to do this for 18 months! That seems so so so impossible to me!

6. How are you doing? Emotionally, Spiritually, Physically?
Fine.
7. How's the structure without the CCM to guide you in it? (Wake up. study, etc.) 
The CCM was heaven. I miss it. But we still have a structure and study and everything, so it's not too bad.

8. What do you want us to send you for Christmas? Is there anything we could send for your companion? 
1.A Weasley sweater in maroon with a golden K on it. I will ask for this for every Christmas and birthday until it happens. :)
2. Handwritten letters with your testimonies.
3. Pictures!
4. Church CDs. Specifically The Work by Nashville Tribute Band. Hermana J will take hers when she leaves and I love it.
That's all I can think of right now! Boots would be nice. Not like big hefty boots. The boots that looks like they are from 1901 with the laces. I don't know how to explain them! Boots that look like me.

9. Tell us about Thanksgiving! Did you eat more than one dinner?
We went to dinner at a member's house. It was fun! The McNeely's. (The mom and kids are Latinos). I thought of Cedar City and seeing movies. :)

10. How's the leadership in the ward/stake you have been placed in?
I'm in a branch. I love the branch president! We don't have a mission leader, though. But the branch is nice and everyone is welcoming.

I don't even know what to say! I guess I will just talk about yesterday. I still get really sick whenever I think about going out and having to talk to people. Physically ill. Yesterday I read a talk about miracles so I just straight up asked for a miracle. I said "Heavenly Father, I'm trying. I am doing this. Please, please just change my heart. Give me the strength to do this." and then I told myself that for a miracle to take place I had to believe it would happen. So I went out excited, knowing that God would carry me. Tracting went well after that! No one was interested, and it rained, but we had a good time and most of the people were really nice!

Oh, the other day while tracting something funny happened. We talked to this college student. He is black and his name is Daniel. Basically, he talked to us for a hour and a half! He was so funny! He knows his Bible really well, and basically we asked him multiple times if he was Mormon and just pulling our legs. Because literally everything he said was like our doctrine. From the nature of the Godhead to immaculate conception. It was crazy! So I bet he'll get baptized.

We started off the week with 0 investigators and ended with 4! And a lot of potentials. So I am excited to get to teach more and stuff.

We knocked on one door and we talked to a man for a while about the Restoration. He was Hispanic and Catholic. Of course. Anyway, I testified and he asked me how I knew this was true. So I got to tell him about prayer and stuff. So even though he wasn't interested, I still strengthened my testimony!

Thank you all SO MUCH FOR YOUR EMAILS!!!! I was seriously almost crying. They are just what I needed to hear. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I think I will think of more to write in my personal emails to you all.

I love you a lot!

Hermana Pellegrini

No comments:

Post a Comment